Darrin L. Forte
New Orleans, LA and St. Tammany Parish, LA
Darrin L. Forte
Darrin L. Forte is a native New Orleanian and partner at the firm, who works out of the New Orleans and St. Tammany Parish offices. Darrin’s civil litigation practice includes defense of casualty litigation, products liability, construction and commercial litigation, medical malpractice, environmental/toxic torts, premises liability, automobile insurance defense, and state and federal workers compensation claims. Darrin has been involved in complex health care litigation, including ERISA claims, representing both hospitals and ERISA plans. He defends plaintiffs and defendants in high-profile commercial litigation and has successfully litigated complex cases involving public law and First Amendment issues.
As a member of the Council on Litigation Management and the Louisiana Claims Association, Darrin is a frequent presenter of seminars concerning health and safety issues facing food manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and restaurants.
Darrin is a graduate of Loyola University New Orleans (B.A., 1994) and Louisiana State University Law Center (J.D., 2000), where he was a member of the 1999– 2000 Moot Court Board and a Semi-Finalist Competitor in the Robert Tullis Moot Court Competition.
- Berggreen v. Sallie Mae, Inc., 2008 WL 2038910 (M.D.La. 5/12/08)
- Murungi v. Texas Guaranteed, 402 Fed.Appx. 849 (5th Cir. 9/16/10)
- Graft v. Mason, 2009 WL 799973 (E.D.La. 3/19/09)
- Preston v. Mariner Health Care Management Co., 622 F.3d 383 (5th Cir. 10/1/10)
- Staples v. Coventry Health Care of Louisiana, 2010 WL 2985815 (E.D.La. 7/27/10)
- Haydel v. Healthsmart Benefit Solutions, Inc., 2009 WL 2856330 (E.D.La. 8/28/09)
- Cyprien v. Board of Sup’rs ex rel. University of Louisiana System, 5 So.3d 862 (La. 1/21/09)
- Laird v. Deep Marine Technology, Inc., 2005 WL 22949 (E.D.La. 1/4/05)
- Basha v. Mitsubishi Motor Credit of America, Inc., 336 F.3d 451 (5th Cir. 7/14/03)
- Robertson v. Frank’s Super Value Foods, Inc., 7 So.3d 669 (La. App. 5 Cir. 1/13/09)
- Preston v. Tenet Healthsystem Memorial Medical Center, Inc., 463 F. Supp.2d 583 (E.D.La. 11/21/06)
- Onel v. Tenet Healthsystems, 2003 WL 225336116 (E.D.La. 10/31/03)
- Transitional Hospitals Corp. of Louisiana, Inc. v. Louisiana Health Service and Indemnity Co., 2005 WL 2037553 (E.D.La. 8/16/05)
- Bourgeois v. Bailey, 01-1269 (La. App. 5 Cir. 4/10/02), 817 So.2d 240