Kevin F. Truxillo
New Orleans, LA
Kevin F. Truxillo
Kevin F. Truxillo is a partner in the New Orleans office of Garrison, Yount, Forte & Mulcahy, LLC. Kevin’s practice includes the defense of clients in civil litigation involving commercial automobile and trucking liability, premises liability, insurance coverage disputes, construction litigation, and general casualty. Kevin has extensive experience defending environmental/toxic tort claims, including cases involving allegations of exposure to asbestos, benzene, silica, lead, formaldehyde, and other chemicals/substances. He has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation involving contractual disputes, collection work, and complex healthcare issues, including ERISA claims. Kevin has successfully tried cases and handled appeals in both state and federal courts in Louisiana.
Kevin is a graduate of Louisiana State University (B.S., 2003) and Louisiana State University Law Center (J.D./B.C.L., 2006). He is a member of the Louisiana Bar (2006) and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Louisiana and the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. Kevin is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Defense Research Institute, Louisiana Bar Association, and the New Orleans Bar Association.
Kevin and his wife, Kara, have been married for over 15 years and are the proud parents of three young children – Ava, Evan, and Ella. Outside of the office, Kevin enjoys spending time with his family and friends and participating in recreational sports leagues. He is also active in the local community, donating his time to the St. Dominic School Men’s Club and Jesuit High School.
- Triche v. McDonald’s Corporation, 14-318 (La. App. 5th Cir. 10/29/14), 164 So.3d 253.
- Frank v. Boomtown, L.L.C., 12-382 (La. App. 5th Cir. 12/11/12), 106 So.3d 227.
- Authenment v. Ingram Barge Co., 878 F.Supp.2d 672 (E.D. La. 7/13/12).
- Preston Law Firm, L.L.C. v. Mariner Health Care Management Co., 622 F.3d 384 (5th Cir. 10/1/10).
- Murungi v. Texas Guaranteed, 402 Fed.Appx. 849 (5th Cir. 9/16/10).
- Cyprien v. Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System, 2008-1067 (La. 1/21/09), 5 So.3d 862.
- Robertson v. Frank’s Super Value Foods, Inc., 08-592 (La. App. 5th Cir. 1/13/09), 7 So.3d 669.