Randall C. Mulcahy
New Orleans, LA
Randall C. Mulcahy
Randall C. “Randy” Mulcahy is a partner with the firm who practices out of the New Orleans office. Randy was admitted to the Louisiana Bar in 1999 and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana and the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit.
Randy started practicing law after serving as a Captain in the United States Air Force. While in the military, he earned the aeronautical rating of Navigator, specialized in the field of Electronic Warfare, and received numerous commendations and awards for his service.
Randy has established a well-rounded litigation practice representing clients on a vast number of issues. He represents clients in matters involving first-party and third-party insurance claims, insurance coverage disputes, bad faith claims, and general casualty defense. Many of these matters involve toxic torts, premises liability, transportation accidents, construction defects, products liability and redhibition claims, and medical malpractice/long-term care liability defense.
Over the past several years, Randy has committed a substantial amount of time in litigating complex insurance coverage and bad faith claims, high exposure toxic tort claims, serious auto and trucking accidents, and he has defended a variety of clients in construction litigation. Randy has represented clients in cases involving asbestos, benzene, carbon monoxide, and formaldehyde exposure, including representing multiple manufacturers of FEMA trailers in the In re FEMA Trailer Formaldehyde Products Liability Litigation MDL. Randy has successfully represented several insurers in coverage actions and is quite often called upon to defend direct action insurance claims in both state and federal court. Randy is experienced in day-to-day litigation matters, while also handling the complex legal issues of multi-party and class action lawsuits. He has successfully tried matters in state and federal courts in Louisiana, and has handled numerous appeals.
Randy is very proud to be the father of two wonderful daughters. In his leisure time, Randy is an avid college football fan and enjoys spending time with his children, fishing, exercising, and experiencing the wonderful sights, sounds, food, and culture of America’s most unique city, New Orleans.
- Manning v. Sampson, 2010 WL 3988665 (La. App. 5 Cir. 10/12/10), 50 So. 3d 908
- Scott v. Red River Waterway Com’n, 2006 WL 932060, 41, 009 (La. App. 2 Cir. 4/12/06), 926 So. 2d 830
- Audubon Trace Condominium Ass’n, Inc. v. Brignac-Derbes, Inc., 2006 WL 469426 (La. App. 5 Cir. 2/27/06), 924 So. 2d 1131
- Cobb v. Delta Experts, Inc., 2005 WL 3579347 (La. App. 3 Cir. 12/30/05), 918 So. 2d 1080
- Cobb v. Delta Experts, Inc., 2003 WL 21276419 (La. App. 3 Cir. 6/4/03), 847 So. 2d 739
- Young v. Balboa Ins. Co., 2009 WL 586122 (E.D. La. 2009)
- Curtis v. Nabors Offshore Corp., 2006 WL 3904978 (E.D. La. 2006)